Monday, March 11, 2013

Liebster Award

**First off, I wanted to thank you all SO much for your sweet words on my "mommas boy" post the other day. Im glad to know Hudson isn't the only one. We have started to go to some story time/toddler play time at the library. So far he still grabs all the toys and brings them over to me. Im hoping the more we go the more it will help him :) Thanks again everyone, those comments made my day!**


Last week I was nominated TWO times for a liebster award :)
one nomination from Courtney @ The Hippie Chambers
& the second from kelly @ walkin on sunshine
Make sure you go check out both of their cute blogs!

Thank you girls so much! This means a lot to me!! Really it does...especially since this is my first week truly BACK into the blogging scene since I was MIA with no computer for a few months. 

This is why I LOVE blogging. I have "met" so many bloggers online. You feel like you really know them..and if only you lived in the same town you could have some play dates! haha. The blogging community is amazing. Its a great thing to be a part of. 


Leibster, (Leibste) meaning kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing in German.

Awe..well that just made my day! I haven't had that many compliments all at the same time for a little while now haha!

The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger, peer award, used to highlight up and coming, smaller, lesser known blogs that have less than 200 followers. Liebster is an award that you accept with an intention of paying it forward. 

When you accept your Leibster, you must pay it forward and nominate other bloggers that you would like to award. 

So, here are the guidelines for the award:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!

*there wasn't 11 new questions on either of the blogs...so I will just answer some of each of their questions*


11 random facts about me:


1. I have never been on an airplane 

2. I married my high school sweetheart
3. I HATE styrofoam. Seriously...HATE it. The look, the feel Im getting all anxious just thinking about it. 
4. I have an astigmatism in one eye, & im near sided in my other eye. Yet I still hate wearing glasses so I usually don't.
5. I was born 8 days late, & my son was born 8 days late as well.
6. I had never been in a hospital stay, or had stitches or an IV until I had my son.
7. I have always been scared of wind & thunder storms.
8. I was an only child until my sister was born when I was 11 1/2
9. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds :) thanks daddy
10. We didn't name our son until after he was born. 
11. I have lived in 14 different homes since I was born (im 23 now. & the longest I ever lived in a house was 6 years) 

11 Questions:


1. Who is your favorite author? JK Rowling. I read A LOT. and there are lots of authors I love. But JK Rowling is just amazing. Seriously. The harry potter serious is incredible. How things tie in together from the first to the last book. WOW. 

2. How would you describe yourself in three words? happy, loving, giving. 
3. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? hmm...this one is kind of hard. I love everything about my life today. There are things in my past I might have liked to change..but it got me where I am today. 
4. How do you feel about chocolate? I like it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. 
 5. How long have you been blogging and why did you start? I have been blogging since I had my son. His birth story was actually one of my first blog posts ever (on my old blog)
6. What is your favorite song and why? I have 1000000 favorite songs. But if I had to pick one it would be Come on get higher by Matt Nathenson...it was the song of our first dance. 
7. What is your dream home? I would LOVE a home out in the country. With a big wrap around porch. A giant tree with a tire swing. A pond in the back yard. 
8. Dogs or Cats?  Dogs
9. What is your favorite TV show? I don't think I can pick just one. But currently I love Psych and The Lying Games
 10. "I'll ----------- if it's the last thing I do" be the best mother and wife I can possibly be
11. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why? umm...My sons birthday posts :) I love celebrating his little life. 

11 Blogs I nominate for a Liebster Award:



*Im realizing now that a few of these ladies have more then 200 (but still under 300) haha...oops. Oh well! I love these blogs so go check them all out!!*


My 11 Questions for the nominees to answer:
1. how did you and your spouse meet?
2. how many children do you currently have?
3. do you wish you had more or less children?
4. describe what life was like for you growing up?
5. what is your dream house & where would it be located?
6. what is your most embarrassing moment?
7. what is the most memorable song in your life & why? (ie..wedding song)
8. what is your favorite dessert?
9. if you had to pick one thing about parenting that you feel is the most important what would it be?
10. how long have you been blogging & why did you start?
11. what is your favorite recipe?

Once you have posted your liebster post, let me know!! I would love to go check out all your fun answers :) 



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I'm doing my post now :-) It's fun finding out more things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I hate styrofoam almost as much as I hate saran wrap! I wish I could say the alphabet backwards, LOL! So cool! I love getting to know my blogging friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete