Friday, October 12, 2012

Change

Change, I know it is inevitable but it's hard. I guess it's time I can let the cat out of the bag, I'm going to be unemployed soon. I work for a bank, a very very successful bank, but they have decided to close the branch I'm working at. The bank itself is doing great, but with the changing times it makes sense to consolidate and it frankly just costs to much to operate our branch. Let me explain, first off I work in the middle of no where...ok not really but it is surrounded but lots of farms and fields. The location is a bit awkward, and were just a really slow branch. They are starting to develop more around us, and I think if they hold on we could make it, but they have decided not to. What it comes down to is people don't use banks and their services any more. People use online banking, mobile banking, direct deposit, bill pay and ATMs. So basically making my job obsolete. There are other branches in the area and they will all remain open, but since were the slowest branch, were the ones they decided to get rid off. We got the news a week ago. This is all really scary for us, not the best thing to come home to from your vacation. They did offer me another position but it was about 35 min or so away from my current branch. I would be traveling with traffic in the morning, and it's in the opposite direction then grandmas who babysits Hudson. It would lengthen my commute a lot, plus more gas. I just don't think this will be an option for me. The husband and I have a lot to think about and talk about. I currently hold the ins through my work, so that is another thing to consider. I'm honestly not crazy about banking, I do really enjoy it though. If Hudson were in school I would stay because of advancement opportunities, but those all require full time that I'm not willing to commit to at this time. I want a change, I think I need a change. In fact it's something I have been thinking about for a while now, but haven't done anything because were comfortable and stable with how things are. If I decide on a different rout then who knows what could happen. It is a big risk. I have a few weeks to figure it all out, the timing is rough with the holidays, but that's life right? Sorry, I'm writing this on my phone...I hope it posts right :)

6 comments:

  1. Lace- sometimes we just need a change and someone keeps trying to tell us that, and we are stubborn and like you said, comfortable... so he has to find a different way of kicking our rears into gear. Change is scary, but it's almost always better. If you can find a opportunity to use your skills to stay at home... it's for the best and a way to kick your butt into doing what scares you. Non-Stop's insurance is actually pretty great. We really don't pay much (it's way less than what I was paying at AMEX) and we get great coverage. Just take a deep breath, pray (if that is your thing), and jump in. There are lots of opportunities out there... change can also be fun. Try to look for the good side. Trials come for a reason. If things weren't hard, you would never appreciate when things are easy! We're here if you guys need anything... even just a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will work out sweetheart,I promise!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry, it will all be okay in the end though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer! Sorry to hear about this, but what's the old saying? When one door closes, another one opens? And if another one doesn't open then just kick out a stinkin' window :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear this. It is never easy...but maybe it was the push you needed to persue something else you would love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post looks fine to me! So sorry to hear about your job though, but honestly, maybe you find something completely different that you totally love!! Just like Sean Marie said, it will all be okay!

    ReplyDelete