Friday, January 6, 2012

House DrAmA!

*Pre warning, this post is a bit of a vent, and thanks in advance for allowing me 
to let out these frustrations*

So far the new year has been somewhat UN-eventful.

Ok, I take that back. It has been eventful just not events I find fun.

House DrAmA!

Ugh, buying a house has seriously been one of the WORST experiences of my life. Don't get me wrong, our real estate agent is awesome. And our mortgage officer is pretty great. Its the selling agent, and selling bank I could punch in the face.

We are trying to buy a short sell. Which, if you have had a chance to look at the Utah housing market, 97% of all houses are short sales, ESPECIALLY in our price range. I talked with a few people about short sales before we started the whole process. Most said you can expect to wait 30-60 days to hear back from the bank, and another 30 days to close. It was a bit of a wait, but worth it for the perfect house.[in case you don't know, a short sell means the sellers are selling the house 'short' of what is owed so the bank has to approve the shortage] The sellers agent on the house we are trying to buy kept promoting "short sell process will go quick" "have answer from bank by 30 days" Blah, Blah Blah. We knew not to expect 30 days, but we were somewhat hopeful. What we didn't expect was the sellers agent to obviously not care about selling the house. I feel bad for the people trying to sell it. It took over a week just to get the SELLERS to approve our offer. She was waiting for signatures. If I was the selling agent I would be driving myself to go get signatures. Just saying. Then to bore you from to many details, It was just one thing after another. Missing signature, Worded wrong, Missing document, etc. It was like we were taking 1 step forward, then 2 steps back. And this was all a mixture from the agent and bank. It took just over 3 months to get an approval from the selling bank. Then we had to re-submit all of our financials since we would hit the 120 max and had to re-qualify for our house. Then we submitted our earnest money. We did our inspection. Next step was just the appraisal. Well before our mortgage officer could order the appraisal turns out there is ANOTHER missing document. We have now been waiting over a week to get this stupid page from them, we have had to put in for an extension on our supposed closing date, since we have done everything in our power, and its the bank we are waiting on. Assuming everything goes according to plan we are now scheduled to close the day after Hudson's birthday.

I'm so upset, all I wanted was to have Hudson's birthday at our new home. Now I don't know if I should wait....because the way things are going we might not get in till march OR if I just have his birthday party at his grandparents. Which I would really rather not.  Lets be honest, I really wanted our first Christmas in our own house, that wasn't even close to happening. UGH...I have been tempted to walk away from this house, many many mannnnyyyy times. I have just invested to much time, money, energy and emotions to give up now. Please cross those fingers for me that they get rolling and we can have our own space soon!


Oh, and don't worry. As soon as this whole process is over I will be giving a very  nasty review to both the selling agent, and the selling bank. This is beyond ridiculous.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, that sucks! I agree buying a house (even *not* a short sale) is very frustrating at times, so I can only imagine how awful it is dealing with a bank sale! Hopefully it all works out soon.

    And for what it's worth, I did Raya's 2nd birthday party at my parents' house, because we were selling ours and I didn't want to mess with hosting a party and then having the house show ready again the next day. It was actually really really nice doing the party at someone else's house! Save me all the cleanup and having to clean my house before the party, etc. I just arrived with the food and decorations and we were done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying to buy a house in Utah too! It sucks cause most the houses here are in short sale! I haven't had fun with the home buying experience either! It is just crappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I am sorry! It is stressful already for us and we haven't gotten near as close as you guys! Short sales are so good and so bad in SO many ways. We are also looking at short sales and I dread the whole process. Hopefully things start looking up though, I am crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete