I know, three posts in one week! I must be going crazy ;)
I love that in November we all can reflect and show how thankful we are for everything in our lives. Obviously it's something to think about all year long, but its fun to really focus on everything in November. Im no where near dedicated to do a daily thankful post, but after I saw shawna (@ girls just wanna have fun) do one posts with a list of all the things she is thankful for, I thought that would be something I could manage.
- Im thankful for my husband. Im so happy that he chose to spend the rest of forever with me. He really does do everything to make us happy, and works so hard so I can stay home with Hudson. He lets me wake him up in the middle of the night when I have bad dreams, and helps me fall back asleep. He is the stronger one in our relationship and helps keep me grounded. He continues to teach me things, and teach me things about myself. I love that we are basically the same when it comes to our opinions and what we believe. We started dating young, and I always had that fear of growing up and growing apart, but we have grown together and closer then I could have ever imagined. We make a pretty dang good team!
- Im thankful for my little man Hudson. This boy is my whole world! He made me a mom, and gave me the most important job Ill ever have. He makes me laugh and smile every day. He has taught me more then he will ever know about life, love, patience, understanding, how to have fun, and of course trucks! He has brought Tanner and I together in ways I never would have imagined. I was so unsure about being a "boy mom". I always had dreams of little girls. But now I know, I was meant to be a "boy mom" and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love watching him grow and learn, he is a little sponge. He makes our lives worth living.
- I am thankful for mister Porter. I still cant believe I will have another child soon. I worry if ill love him enough. I think its normal for moms to feel that way. I love hudson so much, he literally has my whole heart how could I possibly love someone else? But I know I can, and I know I already do. The best advice Ive heard is that your love never decreases for your first, your heart only grows and loves twice as much. Even though we still haven't "met" Porter, he is still part of our family. We feel him kick and roll around every day. Just looking at Hudson and knowing in the blink of an eye Porter will be here and be that big just make me so happy. I love that Hudson will be a big brother, and that he will always have Porter to grow up with. I love my boys!
- I am thankful that I can be pregnant. As much as I complain, and feel like crap I truly am thankful to be able to carry and birth my babies! Its a privilege that so many don't get, or have difficulties with. It is a wonderful gift from god to be able to create life. The whole process still amazes me. Its hard to believe there is an actual human being inside me right now! Its so amazing, and I will be forever grateful.
- I am thankful for my mommy! I love my mom so much. As I have grown up and become a mother myself, I feel I understand more. Being a parent just changes your whole perspective. We have become best friends, I probably spend more time at my moms now then I did when I was actually living their. She always has my back, and calms me down when I worry if Hudson is sick. She gives the best advice, always makes me laugh. It is very rare a day goes by that we don't talk. I love my momma and how much she has taught me.
- I am thankful for my daddy! I would say I was totally a daddy's girl as a child. Im pretty sure I had him wrapped around my finger and could get whatever I wanted, and now Hudson has him wrapped around his finger ;) I love seeing my dad and Hudson interact. My dad had two daughters, but having a grandson I feel is such a blessing. They get excited about construction trucks and airplanes together. My dad has taught me tons about life, and about being excepting. About having your own opinions and beliefs and owing them.
- I am thankful for my cute little sister Jaida. Even though we fight like, well sisters, we still are the best of friends. Ill admit it hasn't been the easiest road. We are just about 12 years apart. So you can imagine the differences in our lives. I was going into my senior year the year she started kindergarten. And now Im a mom, and she is starting middle school. Sometimes I feel like her second mom, which I know she hates, but Its just the mother instinct in me. We still have so much fun together, talk about anything. She is the biggest help with Hudson. In fact, I'm pretty sure she is Hudson's favorite person ever! I love her with all my heart. She has taught me a ton about life as well. While we are so much alike in so many ways, we are also very different. I look forward to growing up more with her, and growing closer and closer. Even as she is entering the teenage years, I know ill still be her favorite ;)
- I am thankful for doctors and modern medicine. Hudson has asthma, and it breaks my heart. I strongly dislike childhood asthma and the limitations it puts on my son. But, I have to be so thankful for his amazing pediatrician and modern medicine and inhalers that help him breath and help him live a more normal life. While were still working on that perfect medicine combo to help, he is doing better. I pray this is something he will grow out of, but until then Im thankful to have ways to help my little guy.
- I am thankful for my in-law's and all the extended in law family I have gained since marrying Tanner. They have all taken me in as one of the family. They make me feel so welcome, and are some of the best people I have honestly ever met. Tanner has a rather LARGE family, and I love getting to know them all. Even though most live in Arizona, Im thankful we get to travel to Arizona and visit them all and that they let us stay with them in their homes :) My parent-in-laws are amazing. I know they would do anything for us. And my brothers & sisters in-law are just like family. I truly am blessed to call them my family.
- I am thankful for the gospel, and the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. While Im still somewhat new to everything, and Im still learning, and working on a testimony, it has been such a blessing. We have met some of the most amazing people from our ward, some of which have become great friends. I am thankful for the missionaries and the amazing timing they have. They came to us in a great time of need, and I think its exactly what our family has needed. It has really been a strengthening tool in our relationship.
Well...thats it for today. But I plan on doing 1 or 2 more thankful posts this month :) I think its great to take time and really think about the things your thankful for and love in your life. It makes you happy and appreciative, even when your having lots of issues in your personal life.